Lynne Morey's Blog
Accessorizing your walls is a basic decoration must do for your home, which if done right adds a little of your personality to your home and gives off a bold look guaranteed to impress your guests. No matter what size your place is, you are always sure to have wall space that can offer extra style to the whole room. Not sure of what to do? Follow this list for amazing possibilities of wall decoration ideas that you can try out at home.
- Large-scale artwork - A gigantic wall painting or photograph is sure to command attention from any eye that steps into the room. If you have a favorite family photo from a recent vacation, have a photographer blow it up to an enormous size and hang it on the wall in a minimalist frame. Or in the absence of that, you may decide to do a gallery wall of large size pictures of important events in your home.
- Hang Mirrors - Wall mirrors help to reflect light and give off the illusion of extra space and brightness. You can decide to go for an oversized mirror or pick out several smaller pieces that you can make into a beautiful grouping.
- Wall to Wall Paintings - Opt for a ceiling-to-floor wall painting or wallpaper to transport you to another location. Know any promising artists? Commission them to draw up a picture of your favorite holiday destination. If you are concerned about damage to the walls, you can use wallpaper instead of painting directly on the walls.
- Hanging Plants or Pressed Plants - Are you a plant lover but you don't have a lot of floor space around your home? Try out wall mounted or hanging plants to bring some extra color to your walls. Want something more straightforward? Try out framing leaves and branches from your favorite plants and put them in glass cases for an earthy natural vibe. You can also decide to do a dried floral wall display.
- Hang Up Your Plate Collection - Why hide your favorite dishware behind a wooden china cabinet door? You can decide to do a plate wall decoration story, allowing your fine china to serve as fine art too. All you need is a wire plate hangar which you can quickly get from any hobby or hardware store, and you are ready to display your favorite dishes.
Now you don't have to settle for a regular wall—any of these choices will help your guests have something to admire in your home. Remember though: if you're prepping your home for selling, get advice from your home professional for neutral art to attract buyers.